The American Red Cross has one shelter on standby in response to flooding in the state. The two remaining shelters in Missouri that had been opened in response to flooding, located in Winfield and Boonville, have closed.
The following shelter is on standby:
- Zion United Methodist Church at 3652 State Highway Z, Cape Girardeau, MO (in the Southeast Missouri Red Cross chapter).
Items to bring to a shelter include clothing for a few days, bedding, toiletries, essential medication, and items for your children.
Anyone who needs to find a shelter may visit redcross.org/shelter, download the free Red Cross Emergency App or call 1-800-REDCROSS (1-800-733-2767). The Emergency App is available in app stores by searching for the American Red Cross or going to redcross.org/apps.
Since the spring flooding and tornado responses began, the Red Cross provided the following:
- More than 1,500 shelter stays
- Over 25,000 meals and snacks
- Nearly 600 disaster workers including volunteers and staff
- More than 4,000 disaster supplies distributed