Celebrate 100 years of American Red Cross services in Oregon and Southwest Washington and support those who have valiantly served our country. Donate toiletries for comfort kits for local veterans and veterans hospitals.
What: In honor of Veterans Day and our Centennial year, the Red Cross is assembling comfort kits for local veterans.
How to Help: Donate NEW toiletry items at designated drop off locations
· Portland/Vancouver: donate items at Red Cross locations in Portland and Vancouver by November 8.
· Eugene: donate items at the Red Cross in Eugene by November 8.
· Bend: donate items at Red Cross in Bend and Mid Oregon Credit Union locations by November 6.
New Items Needed:
· Toothbrushes, toothpaste, deodorant, first aid kits, hand sanitizer, soap, shampoo, conditioner, bandages, antibiotic ointment, lip balm, antacids, nail clippers, socks, hairbrushes/combs, knit hats, gloves, hand warmers, grocery gift cards, and washcloths
Join the Red Cross: Help us assemble items collected into comfort kits for veterans in need.
· Portland/Vancouver: November 10 from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. at Red Cross Regional Headquarters: 3131 N Vancouver Ave., in Portland, OR.
· Eugene: November 10 from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. at Eugene Red Cross, 440 E Broadway Ave. in Eugene, OR.
· Bend: November 8 from 6 p.m. to 8 p.m. at the United Methodist Church Fellowship Hall, 680 NW Bond St., Bend, OR.
Red Cross Service to the Armed Forces: The American Red Cross stands beside our service members from the day they enlist, throughout their military careers, and beyond. Through community partnerships, we ensure that those who have served our country will be supported in every step of their journey. Click here to learn about all the services the Red Cross provides to help members of the military, veterans and their families prepare for, cope with, and respond to, the challenges of military service.