Our thoughts are with the hundreds of families across middle Tennessee whose lives have been changed forever by the Aug. 21 catastrophic flooding. The American Red Cross is working alongside emergency officials and community groups to help those in need with a safe place to stay, food to eat, critical relief supplies, emotional support and comfort for families affected. Since Aug. 21, the American Red Cross has provided the communities with:
- More than 1,800 overnight stays in emergency shelters and hotel lodgings.
- Some 7,250 critical relief items.
- More than 22,000 meals and snacks.
- Nearly 3,000 contacts with people to supply emotional support, health services and spiritual care. This includes the support to help residents replace their prescription medication and eyeglasses that may have been lost in their rush to escape the floodwaters.
- Financial assistance to 458 households to help families replace clothes or food, offset transportation costs, or support any other immediate needs.
- 200+ trained disaster volunteers to support relief efforts both in person and virtually.