- Find examples of the use of guns from your culture (in photos, movies, songs, etc.).
- What roles do weapons play in different cultures? Why might young people carry or own weapons?
- How can their allure to young people be lessened?
- Should weapons be treated as simply another type of commercial commodity to be governed by the laws of supply and demand?
Project 1: How are young people affected by small arms?
Statistics show that young people, particularly young men, are among the primary victims as well as the primary perpetrators of armed violence.
- What, according to researchers, are some of the reasons for this?
- What could be done to address this situation?
- What are the differences in the ways that girls and boys are affected by armed violence?
- How do girls and boys in your area regard the use of guns and what, according to them should be done about gun violence?
Conduct a poll or series of interviews to find out.
Project 2: Are the unregulated availability of arms and armed violence problems in the area where you live?
- What are the effects? Which groups are at risk from this violence and how are they affected?
- Are these problems in your area? Why? Why not?
- What could be done to reduce these problems in your area?