The American Red Cross is making homes fire resistant through the Red Cross Home Fire Preparedness Campaign. At no cost to you, we would like to demonstrate some simple changes in the home that will help you protect your family against fire. In addition, the Red Cross will install a FREE smoke alarm within your home.
Fill out the form below to request an appointment. Please answer ALL the questions to request a visit. Our team will follow up to schedule an appointment for your FREE in-home smoke alarm installation.
During your home visit, you will receive:
Si no puede costear el precio de una alarma de humo o es físicamente incapaz de instalar una alarma de humo, la Cruz Roja Americana quizás lo pueda ayudar.
Please fill out the below form and we'll contact you asap. We will do our best to schedule an appointment during your preferred time frame, but may need to request an alternative time or day if it cannot be accommodated.
Use this printable worksheet to plan and practice home fire drills.
Unsure where to start? Use the guides here to help begin your escape plan.
1. The Red Cross and its partners will install a limited number of free smoke alarms for those who cannot afford to purchase smoke alarms or for those who are physically unable to install a smoke alarm.
2. The Red Cross installs a limited number of specialized bedside alarms for individuals who are deaf or hard-of-hearing.
3. A number of organizations are partnering with the Red Cross to accomplish the goals of our Home Fire Campaign. Depending on where you live and other factors, it is possible that we will forward your request to one of our partner organizations so they can contact you to set up an appointment.
4. The Missouri/Arkansas region provides installation services in Missouri, Arkansas and the following counites only: In Illinois: Alexander, Calhoun, Jackson, Jersey, Madison, Monroe, Randolph, St. Clair, Union, and in Kansas: Atchison, Doniphan, Johnson, Leavenworth, Miami, Wyandotte. If you live outside of this area and would like to identify your local region office, please visit RedCross.org (or call 1-800-REDCROSS).
5. If you are able to purchase and install your own smoke alarm, but would like information on home fire safety and smoke alarm installation, please visit redcross.org/homefire.