SANTA ANA Calif., (August 9, 2019) – The American Red Cross of Orange County is pleased to announce the recent appointment of Michael Gelormino, Joanne Liao, Laura Nguyen, Dr. Shawna Rinker and Sasha Shuman, Ph.D. to the Orange County Board of Directors.
“The Orange County Board of Directors is a group of dynamic and engaged individuals,” said Linda Voss, Regional CEO of the American Red Cross Desert to the Sea Region, which serves Orange, Riverside and San Bernardino Counties. “Our new members are vibrant additions dedicated to preventing and alleviating human suffering in the face of emergencies. Each brings a wealth of experience and industry knowledge to our Board, and their service makes a real difference in our local community.”
The Board of Directors supports the delivery of Red Cross services, including disaster relief and more. They raise funds to carry out the Red Cross mission in Orange County and ensure that communities can prepare for, respond to and recover from disasters big and small.
- Board member Michael Gelormino is a banking consultant who has held previous positions at Banc of California, Deloitte & Touche, and Mitsubishi Motors Credit of America, Inc.
- Board member Joanne Liao is a Vice President at AYCO, a Goldman Sachs Company. Joanne has been involved with different community organizations and charities such as Big Brothers Big Sisters of Greater Los Angeles, Court Appointed Special Advocates (CASA) and the Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) program.
- Board member Laura Nguyen is a Registered Nurse and Team Supervisor with American Red Cross Blood Services - Southern California Region. She leads a team of professionals at community blood drives across the Southland and takes great pride in knowing she empowers others to save lives.
- Board member Dr. Shawna Rinker is an Internal Medicine physician currently practicing as a hospitalist at Hoag Hospital, Newport Beach. With a strong interest in population health, Dr. Rinker is eager to focus on how the Red Cross consistently provides high-quality services to large groups in crisis.
- Board member Sasha Shuman Ph.D. recently spent over three years working at Morningside Recovery in Newport Beach and has completed assignments with groups such as Special Ed Friendship Camp and various schools, clinics and hospitals. Shuman has been a Junior League member in Orange County since 2011 and has volunteered with the American Red Cross of San Diego/Imperial Counties, the National Charity League in Los Angeles and Ventura Counties and the Children’s Festival of the Arts in Thousand Oaks.
In the last fiscal year, the American Red Cross of Orange County assisted 241 families affected by local disasters; provided fire safety training and installed more than 3,300 free smoke alarms for Orange County residents; provided nearly 1,700 services to military members, veterans and their families; enrolled over 44,000 people in lifesaving training courses such as CPR/AED/First Aid, and more. Whether it’s a home fire or wildfire, a call for blood or a call for help from a military family, the Red Cross is there whenever and wherever needed - in Orange County, and beyond. Find more information about local programs and services at redcross.org/dts.
About the American Red Cross Desert to the Sea Region:
The American Red Cross shelters, feeds and provides emotional support to victims of disasters; supplies about 40 percent of the nation's blood; teaches skills that save lives; provides international humanitarian aid; and supports military members and their families. The Red Cross is a not-for-profit organization that depends on volunteers and the generosity of the American public to perform its mission. The American Red Cross Desert to the Sea Region has proudly served Orange, Riverside and San Bernardino Counties for more than 100 years. For more information, please visit redcross.org/dts or cruzrojaamericana.org, or visit us on Twitter at @RedCrossDTS or Facebook at facebook.com/RedCrossDTS.
# # #