FAIRFAX, VA – August 20, 2020 — The American Red Cross of the National Capital Area (NCA) has officially named its Board of Directors for 2020-2021. At the recent June Board Meeting, the NCA Red Cross approved the nominations for new Board members – including the Executive and Leadership Committees, as well as voting in a new Chairman of the Board.
The NCA Board is responsible for serving as leadership volunteers in the community and helping to support the Chapter’s ability to effectively deliver the Red Cross mission for Washington D.C., the City of Alexandria, Arlington and Fairfax counties, secure the funding and resources to do so, and help ensure that organizational goals are met.
The NCA Board will be now led by long-time Board member, Jim Sheaffer. Sheaffer takes on the role of Chairman of the Board following six years of service as a member of the former National Capital Region Board. Sheaffer has been involved with the Red Cross for more than a decade. He served as the executive sponsor of the Red Cross relationship with Computer Sciences Corp. (CSC), where he was President of CSC’s public sector business, and served twice as chair for the annual Red Cross Salute to Service Gala. Sheaffer has served on the Board of Directors since 2013, including nearly three years as Vice Chair.
Sheaffer was voted to replace former Board Chair Dick Duvall, whose term came to a close at the end of June. Duvall will continue to support the Board as a member of the Chairman’s Advisory Council.
· Jim Sheaffer, Chairman of the Board
Sheaffer and Associates
· Laura Kennedy, Vice Chair
· Doug VanDyke, Chair, Disaster Preparedness Summit Committee
· Dana Chipman, Chair, Service to the Armed Forces Council
Federal Judicial Center
· John Walsh, Chair, Blood Services Committee
Red Summit Global
· Paul Kiernan, Chair, Diversity, Inclusion & Mission Committee
Holland & Knight
· John Saad, Chair, Nominations, Board Development & Engagement Committee
· Chris Ullman, Chair, Community Outreach & Communications Committee
Ullman Communications LLC
· Patrice D’Eramo Flack, Chair, Philanthropy & Partnering Committee
· Lynda Ellis, Chair, Tiffany Circle
Board of Directors
· Patty Baisden, QMT Associates, Inc.
· Catharina Wrede Braden, McKinsey & Company
· Sean Breslin, AvalonBay Communities
· Courtney S. Bromley, IBM Federal
· Erik Buice, Northrop Grumman
· Rick Calder
· Lynne Doherty, McAfee
· Sherry Hwang, Pyramid Systems, Inc.
· David Horowitz, Hogan Lovells US LLP
· Ki Ho Kang, KiHoMac
· Emily Killam, Amazon Web Services
· Melissa Lavinson, Pepco Holdings
· Blair Marks, Lockheed Martin
· Carl Mayfield, Park Hotels and Resorts
· Nick Michaelides, Cisco
· Greg Pellegrino, Deloitte Consulting, LLP
· Brian Pickerall, Booz Allen Hamilton
· Elizabeth Porter, Leidos
Jessica Adams was named the Executive Director for the National Capital Area in June.
To learn more about Ms. Adams and all the members of the Board of Directors for the National Capital Area, please visit our Chapter website at redcross.org/nca.
About the American Red Cross:
The American Red Cross shelters, feeds and provides emotional support to victims of disasters; supplies about 40 percent of the nation's blood; teaches skills that save lives; provides international humanitarian aid; and supports military members and their families. The Red Cross is a not-for-profit organization that depends on volunteers and the generosity of the American public to perform its mission. For more information, please visit the American Red Cross of the National Capital & Greater Chesapeake Region’s page at redcross.org/ncgc, or find us on social media at @RedCrossNCGC.