The American Red Cross strives to build strong and sustainable relationships with diverse communities in the National Capital Area. Our volunteers, programs and services reach thousands of people with disaster preparedness materials and other lifesaving information.
To effectively staff and support American Red Cross preparedness and outreach efforts, we greatly appreciate 30-day’s notice for your community event request, but will do our best to accommodate requests made on shorter notice. All fees for participation must be waived. We also welcome invitations to serve Spanish-speaking communities.
How to Make a Request
To make a request to have the American Red Cross at your event, you must submit an online request via the chapter page for where you are located:
- National Capital Area Serving Washington D.C. and Arlington, Alexandria, and Fairfax counties.
- Loudoun and Prince William Counties Chapter Serving Prince William and Loudoun counties.
- Central Maryland Serving Baltimore City and the counties of Baltimore, Harford and Carroll
- Southern Maryland Serving Anne Arundel, Calvert, Charles, Prince George’s and St. Mary’s counties
- Montgomery, Howard and Frederick Counties Chapter Serving Montgomery, Howard and Frederick counties.
- Delmarva Serving Delaware, and Caroline, Cecil, Dorchester, Kent, Queen Anne’s, Somerset, Talbot, Wicomico, and Worcester Counties in the state of Maryland, with support to Accomack & Northampton Counties of Virginia.
Emergency Preparedness Training
Pillowcase Project Audience: Children in 3rd – 5th grade. This is a one-hour program for children in 3rd through 5th grade. This interactive program will teach kids what to do in fires or earthquakes, coping skills for stressful situations, and general preparedness information. They will receive a workbook of preparedness activities, and a pillowcase to decorate at the end of the presentation. Pillowcase Project presentations are currently being scheduled and given in schools, after-school programs, Girl and Boy Scout troop meetings, and at a variety of other sites and events across the country. These are currently being conducted virtually.