Get behind the wheel and deliver life-saving blood to hospitals near Pomona, California!
We are looking for safe, responsible motorists with strong customer service skills to help ensure that patients can continue their fight against life-threatening illnesses.
As a Blood Delivery Driver serving the Pomona area, your activities will include:
- Driving in a safe, responsible manner while distributing blood to area hospitals as routine or "stat" deliveries using a Red Cross vehicle
- Picking up and returning boxes as needed while obtaining signatures and completing required paperwork
- Assisting in the setup of points of distribution, sanitation and stocking as directed by site supervisor supported by Red Cross Team Leader.
- We have the most urgent need for volunteers to cover the below hospital delivery routes:
- Monday – Friday 5:45am-9:45am
- Daily 9:45am-1:45pm
- Daily 12:45pm-4:45pm
- Daily 2:15pm-6:15pm
- Shifts start and end from the Pomona and Culver City warehouse, and volunteers use the Red Cross van for deliveries.
- Stat shifts are standby shifts, where volunteers wait for any potential “stat” orders from area hospitals during their shift time window, and make the deliveries immediately if hospitals make an urgent call for blood products.
- Red Cross blood delivery vehicles are authorized to use the POV lanes.