When a major disaster occurs – from a large apartment complex fire to a major hurricane – people in the community are among the first to help, often looking for a way to support the relief efforts underway. Or your organization may want to help support the ongoing preparedness and readiness efforts of the American Red Cross Los Angeles Region. Fundraising events of this kind are called “Third Party Fundraisers” and must be registered with the Los Angeles Region.
Please follow the steps below to propose and register a third party fundraising partnership with the Red Cross:
1. Contact the Development Department
Contact the Development Department of the American Red Cross Los Angeles Region at (310) 445-9916 or email Nikki.Kelley@redcross.org to express your interest in organizing a third party fundraising to benefit the American Red Cross.
2. Complete Third Party Agreement
Download and fill out the Third Party Agreement Application
.3. Send application back
Mail, email or fax the application back to Nikki Kelley at the American Red Cross Los Angeles Region:
American Red Cross
Third Party Fundraising Events
11355 Ohio Avenue
Los Angeles, CA 90025
Fax: (310) 445-2680
After sending your information, please wait for the Development Department to contact you. If your application is approved, you will be asked to sign a Third Party Agreement.
Why is an agreement necessary?
- It establishes a framework of legitimacy for the fundraising effort and defines the relationship between the American Red Cross and the fundraiser.
- It assures the donor that monies donated will support the efforts of the American Red Cross.
- In the event that a potential donor contacts the American Red Cross Los Angeles Region regarding the fundraising effort, the agreement allows us to assure the donor that the fundraising is an official American Red Cross affiliated event.
When is an agreement required?
- When any monies are being raised on behalf of and/or for the benefit of the American Red Cross.
- When the American Red Cross logo and/or name is being displayed in conjunction with fundraising efforts of any kind.
- A new agreement is required every time you raise monies for a specific designation (i.e. Japan earthquake, or Southern California Wildfires).
The American Red Cross appreciates your interest in fundraising on behalf of our humanitarian organization. Thank you for your support!