Los Angeles, April 17, 2019 — The American Red Cross Los Angeles Region hosted Hollywood celebrities, music legends and world-class athletes at its sixth annual Celebrity Golf Classic this past Monday. More than 100 golfers took to the greens with the goal of raising awareness and donations to help the local community better prepare for and recover from disasters.
SEE: Photos from the Red Cross Celebrity Golf Classic (Flickr)
The star-studded lineup included LA Kings captain Anze Kopitar, Grammy-nominated musician Jeffrey Osborne, professional golfer Andia Winslow and “Hawaii Five-0" actor Scott Caan. Nationally acclaimed sports journalist Rich Eisen emceed the post-golf festivities as guests were treated to dinner, an opportunity drawing and an awards ceremony.
“This past year, we all know what happened in this great state of California,” Eisen said. “We all know what happened in our own backyards; we all know what happened in northern California; and we all know the American Red Cross was there.”
The event teamed up celebrities with local first responders, including Santa Barbara firefighters and Santa Monica police officers and firefighters. Also, in attendance were Red Cross LA board chair Scott Olmsted, board members Kathleen and Larry Paul and CEO Jarrett Barrios.
“Thanks to the funds raised by events like the Golf Classic, the Red Cross is able to not only offer relief in the immediate aftermath of disasters, but continue providing care and comfort long after first responders have left the scene,” Barrios said. “As we saw firsthand in Los Angeles after last year’s Woolsey Fire, disaster relief doesn’t just last for a day or two; it could last months, even a year.”
A complete list of celebrity attendees for this year's event can be found below:
· Adrian Gonzalez — 5x MLB All-Star
· Andia Winslow — Professional golfer
· Anze Kopitar — 4x NHL All-Star
· Bailey Chase — “Saving Grace,” “Longmire,” “Buffy the Vampire Slayer”
· Bruce McGill — “Lincoln,” “Animal House,” “My Cousin Vinnie”
· Chi McBride — Hawaii, Five-0
· Chris Carter — NFL player
· Chris Hetherington — NFL player
· Christopher Rich — “Murphy Brown”
· C.S. Lee — “Dexter,” “True Detective”
· Geoff Pierson — “Dexter “
· Jeff Nordling — “Big Little Lies,” “Desperate Housewives”
· Jeffrey Osborne — Grammy-nominated singer/songwriter
· Joe Pesci — “Goodfellas,” “My Cousin Vinny”
· Kurt Fuller — “The Good Wife,” “Midnight in Paris”
· Mardy Fish — Olympic Silver Medalist; former professional tennis player
· Matt Malloy — “Changing Lanes,” “Drop Dead Gorgeous”
· Nick Swisher — World Series champion and MLB analyst
· Patrick Fabian — “Better Call Saul,” “The Last Exorcism”
· Philip Boyd — “Feud,” “The Haves & The Have-Nots"
· Rich Eisen — Nationally syndicated sportscaster
· Richard Karn — “Last Man Standing,” “Home Improvement”
· Rick Dees — Nationally syndicated radio host
· Scott Caan — “Hawaii Five-0,” “Entourage”
The 2019 Celebrity Golf Classic was sponsored by Jim Fielding, the Pittsburgh Steelers, the Steve Tisch Foundation and Kathleen and Larry Paul.
About the American Red Cross:
The American Red Cross shelters, feeds and provides emotional support to victims of disasters; supplies about 40 percent of the nation's blood; teaches skills that save lives; provides international humanitarian aid; and supports military members and their families. The Red Cross is a not-for-profit organization that depends on volunteers and the generosity of the American public to perform its mission. For more information, please visit redcross.org or cruzrojaamericana.org, or visit us on Twitter at @RedCrossLA or @CruzRojaLA.