Jorge Martinez/Giselle Hernandez
The Conroy Martinez Group
Awards recognize South Florida leaders making a positive impact in their community
The Greater Miami & The Keys Chapter of the American Red Cross is pleased to announce the 25th Annual Sara Hopkins Woodruff Spectrum Awards For Women. Chaired by Phillis Oeters the awards will recognize outstanding women whose efforts have made significant contributions to the quality of life in South Florida. This year’s Honorary Chair is Swanee DiMare and the Philanthropic Chair is Trish Bell. This year, Phillis Oeters will be honored with the Silver Anniversary Lifetime Achievement Award for her years of service to the American Red Cross and Spectrum Awards.
On Friday, November 16, 2018, the celebrated community leaders will gather at the Ritz-Carlton Coconut Grove for the annual ceremony. The event will begin at 11 a.m. with a reception and market place. At noon, honorees and guests will enjoy a luncheon and the awards presentation.
“It is always a pleasure to honor the work of the selfless women in our community,” said Emily Borababy, Executive Director of the Greater Miami & The Keys Chapter. “This year, we also honor Phillis Oeters with the Silver Anniversary Lifetime Achievement Award for her years of service to the American Red Cross and Spectrum Awards.”
“Spectrum” refers to women’s impact across the broad scope of community life as well as the diversity of cultures represented in the community. More than 400 people are expected to attend the awards ceremony, which will raise funds for the vital life-saving programs and services of the American Red Cross Greater Miami & The Keys Chapter. These leadership awards acknowledge the humanitarian principles of the American Red Cross: Humanity, Impartiality, Independence, Unity, Neutrality, and Voluntary Service.
The 2018 Award recipients are:
· Do Unto Others Trust Philanthropy Award – Mary "Mimi” Bradley Shafey
· Trish and Dan Bell Chairman’s Award – Remedios Diaz-Oliver
· Cervera Real Estate, Inc. Ambassador Award – Congresswoman Ileana Ros-Lehtinen
· Rick and Margarita Tonkinson Community Service Award – Martha E. Avila
· Bank of America Education Award – Linda Dwyer
· Holland & Knight Culture Award – Diane Moss
· Mercantil Bank Entrepreneurial Award – Christine Franklin
· Baptist Health South Florida Healthcare Award – Linda S. Quick
· Norma Echarte & Associates Hospitality Award – Mercy Vera
· UHealth Red Cross Service Award – Vivian C. de las Cuevas
· Red Cross Rising Star Award – Kamille A. Garness & Annia Elena Lopez
· Swanee and Paul DiMare Youth Award – Aurora Olga Cosio
Committee members include: Phillis Oeters, chair; Mona Ignatz Adams, co-chair; Jessi Berrin, Julia Bianchi, Ileana Bravo, Elda Brouwer, C.L. Conroy, Gloria Danovitz, Pamela Garrison, Josie Goytisolo, Dolly Hernandez, Doreen Lima, Patricia Lubian, Emily Marquez-Dulin, Hilda S. Mitrani, Arely Ruiz, Penny Shaffer, Joanie Stringer, Kenia Tedesco, Ana VeigaMilton, Marielena Villamil, Roz S. Zacks.
The American Red Cross shelters, feeds and provides emotional support for families affected by disasters; supplies about 40 percent of the nation’s blood; teaches skills that saves lives; provides international humanitarian aid; and supports military members and their families. For more information, visit redcross.org/southflorida or visit us on Twitter at @SFLRedCross.
Sponsorship opportunities for the 25th Annual Spectrum Awards are available by contacting Diana.Rojas@redcross.org. To buy tickets, visit redcross.org/spectrum25.
# # #