Safety Town is a comprehensive one-week safety education program offered every summer by the American Red Cross Metro NY North Chapter that teaches awareness and accident prevention skills to children entering kindergarten in the fall.
This event will be hosted in person in 2023. Under guidance of classroom teachers and with the help of representatives from the police, fire, EMS departments and other community helpers, children learn safety tips and are fitted with their own bike safety helmet that they keep.
Daily lessons include handouts and additional reference information for parents and caregivers. At the end of each week, graduates receive a Safety Town diploma.
Two sessions available each week. Your child would attend the same session time each day for one week.
- Week of June 5-9 & Week of June 12-16
- Morning Session: 9:00 a.m. to 11:30 a.m.
- Afternoon Session: 12:30 p.m. to 3:00 p.m.
- Tuition: $215/child (includes all materials and bike helmet). Scholarships available.
- Sessions will be held at the Dorothy Hamill Skating Rink 1 Sue Merz Way, Greenwich, CT 06830
Space is limited. Applicants must be entering a fall 2023 kindergarten program.
For information and questions, please email safetytown.GNY@redcross.org