We at the American Red Cross have faced an unprecedented two years that have included numerous hurricanes, floods, wildfires and far too many manmade disasters. The experience reminds us that both natural and manmade disasters could occur in the Washington DC metro area at any time.
In conjunction with Sponsoring Partners – Pepco, The Ritz-Carlton Hotel, Washington D.C., The Marriott Foundation and The Webster Group – the American Red Cross will launch the first annual Disaster Preparedness Summit in Washington, DC on January 28, 2019. Our mission with this event is to address the threats and risks to this community, our region and offer real world ways in which companies and other organizations can assess their readiness and better prepare for the unexpected.
- 7:30 a.m. Registration Opens
- 8:00 a.m. Breakfast and Networking
- 8:30 a.m. - 12:00 p.m. Program
Private Sector Panel and Government Sector Panel Topics Include:
- What are the threats, risks, hazards we face in the National Capital Region?
- How does it work here in the National Capital Region? Roles and responsibilities: who does what?
- What does it take to be resilient here? Private Sector Panel on Emergency Preparedness & Response strategies; what’s working, what are we learning; what contributes to resilience; what do we need to do before an event to make recovery easier?
Keynote by Government Emergency Management Executive
To register at no cost for the Disaster Preparedness Summit or support this event as a sponsor or underwriter, click below.
Questions? Contact Channell Hogan at firstname.lastname@example.org or 703-967-8695.