The thousands of staff and volunteers of the Red Cross are here for you with emergency aid when you need it most, and also advice and assistance to help you recover from a disaster or become better prepared to face one in the future.
To Get Help
If you are in the midst of a local disaster in the Illinois region and need help call:
Chicago & Northern Illinois:
South Central Illinois: 309-677-7272
Quad Cities & West Central Illinois: 309-743-2166
Southern Illinois: 217-787-7602
Get Help With :
Mental Health Assistance
In addition to connecting you with programs and services offered by the American Red Cross, the Greater Chicago Region offers referrals and resources for those in need.
Use our tool to find a safe shelter to welcome you during an emergency
After a Disaster
Learn how to get back in touch with family members if you are separated after a disaster or emergency.
Take the first steps back to normal life after an emergency with our recovery guides.
Get Red Cross Training for Your Organization
Get Help With:
OSHA-compliant training or other safety and preparedness training by our experts
On-site training at your location by our expert instructors
Train-the-trainer program where we train indivuduals in your organization to conduct Red Cross training for your staff
To inquire about disaster preparedness training, please email Charlotte Hazel at Charlotte.Hazel@redcross.org
Get Help With:
Emergency communication for a militery family, when other means of communication have not worked. You can start the process by submitting a request online, or by calling . (877) 272-7337
Emergency financial assistance for a military family. You can start the process by submitting a request online, or by calling . (877) 272-7337
- Reach your loved one in an emergency. Emergency Communication
- Learn how to apply for emergency financial help for you or your family. Financial Assistance
- Find programs and advice for coping with the many challenges of deployment: before, during and after. Deployment
- Get connected to resources for you and your family in your community. Information & Referral
- Your years of service may have ended, but the Red Cross can still be of service to you. For Veterans