The Red Cross is working to reduce death and injury from home fires by 25% by 2020.The Red Cross is working to reduce death and injury from home fires by 25% by 2020.
American Red Cross Home Fire Campaign
The Home Fire Campaign helps save lives by installing free smoke alarms in homes that don't have them, and by educating people about home fire safety.
Do You Need a Smoke Alarm?
If you cannot afford to purchase smoke alarms or are physically unable to install a smoke alarm, the Red Cross may be able to help.
Sound the Alarm. Save a Life.
Get Involved to Help Sound the Alarm
This spring, the American Red Cross needs your help to install 100,000 free smoke alarms and raise funds for lifesaving services during Sound the Alarm home fire safety and smoke alarm installation events.
One day of your life can change someone else's forever. Join us in your community, April 27 - May 12, 2019.
Find a Sound the Alarm install event near you.
Start a personal fundraiser to support Sound the Alarm and your local Home Fire Safety Campaign.
Comience un esfuerzo de recaudación de fondos personal para apoyar Activa tu Alarma y ayudar localmente a la Campaña de Seguridad ante Incendios Domésticos.
Your donation will help Sound the Alarm and save lives by preparing families to safely escape and recover from home fires.
Partner With Us
Get Involved and Help Save Lives
Engage your organization to help implement fire safety programs in your community.
Honoring our Fire Districts and Local Partners. Sound the Alarm, Save a Life
The Red Cross Responds to a Home Fire or Other Disaster Every 8 Minutes.
In Northern California Coastal Region over the past three years, the Red Cross and its partners have:
Installed more than 9,195 smoke alarms
Created 3,186 evacuation plans
3,585 homes made safer
10,465 people served
2,516 safety checklists completed
Thank You to Our Sound the Alarm Regional Partners
Prepare, respond and help families recover from home fires.
1. The Red Cross and its partners will install a limited number of free smoke alarms for those who cannot afford to purchase smoke alarms or for those who are physically unable to install a smoke alarm.
2. The Red Cross installs a limited number of specialized bedside alarms for individuals who are deaf or hard-of-hearing.
3. A number of organizations are partnering with the Red Cross to accomplish the goals of our Home Fire Campaign. Depending on where you live and other factors, it is possible that we will forward your request to one of our partner organizations so they can contact you to set up an appointment.
4. The Oklahoma region provides installation services in their region only. If you live outside of this area and would like to identify your local region office, please visit RedCross.org (or call 1-800-REDCROSS).
5. If you are able to purchase and install your own smoke alarm, but would like information on home fire safety and smoke alarm installation, please visit redcross.org/homefire.