Media Contact: Cynthia Shaw
24-hour Toll-Free Media Hotline:
855-559-0333 or NCCRpublicaffairs@redcross.org
ST. HELENA, CA (June 1, 2017) — The American Red Cross is proud to present the Clara Barton Honor Award for Meritorious Volunteer Leadership to Alzinia Pailin of Fairfield, CA. This once-in-a-lifetime award aims to recognize volunteer leaders who have made significant contributions in leadership roles over a long period of time.
Alzinia’s extraordinary dedication, constant willingness to help others, and a commitment to respond to anything and everything has led to the successful running of many disaster responses, particularly this past year. She truly cares about and embodies the Red Cross mission, consistently advocating for the volunteers and the importance of recognizing their efforts. She’s been a leader in the Red Cross over the past eight years she’s been a part of the organization, taking on various leadership roles and stepping up where no one else will. Alzinia is our Napa-Solano District’s current Disaster Chair, Volunteer Partner to the Disaster Program Manager and the Senior Disaster Program Manager, as well as the current District Disaster Workforce Development Administrator.
Other outstanding volunteers honored at the Volunteer Awards and Recognition Event on include:
• Administration and Support Award: Judy Anderson of Fairfield and Karen Kindig of Fairfield
• Collaboration Award: District’s Disaster Chair Alzinia Pailin and Disaster Program Manager Debbie Yee
• Community Engagement Award: Tom McNicholas of Napa
• Disaster Cycle Services, Outstanding Support: Tana Montgomery of Suisun City
• Disaster Cycle Services, Exceptional Response: Jody Kimbrel of Vacaville
• Disaster Cycle Services, Exceptional Leadership: Diane Delaney of Benicia
• Disaster Cycle Services, Extraordinary Commitment and Dedication: Sandy Timmons of Vacaville
• Good Neighbor & Partnership Award: The Salvation Army of Solano County and The Chardonnay Golf Club and Vineyard in American Canyon
• New Volunteer of the Year: Michael Gaertner of Rio Vista and Jim Jones of Napa
• Teamwork Award: Annie McCallum of Napa
• Volunteer of the Year: Lynda Hoppenrath of Vallejo
Become a Red Cross Volunteer
You can make a difference in Napa and Solano counties by becoming a volunteer with the American Red Cross. Volunteers constitute about 94 percent of the total Red Cross workforce to carry out our humanitarian work. Red Cross volunteers are trained to meet the needs of those affected by disasters, providing food, shelter and comfort for families affected by major disasters such as fires, floods, and earthquakes as well as helping local residents prepare for and recover from emergencies of all kinds. We’ll find the position that appeals to you and allows you to use your skills and talents. Email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
About American Red Cross of the California Northwest
With office locations in Del Norte, Humboldt, Lake, Mendocino, Napa, and Sonoma counties the American Red Cross is a non-profit, humanitarian organization that depends on the generous contributions of time and money from residents and companies to provide services and programs that help our community to prepare for, respond to, and recover from emergencies. For more information on disaster preparedness, health and safety classes, volunteer opportunities, and financial contributions, visit our website at redcross.org/CalNW or call us at 1-707-577-7600. You may also find us on Facebook and Twitter.
About the American Red Cross of the Bay Area
The American Red Cross shelters, feeds, and provides emotional support to victims of disasters; supplies about 40 percent of the nation's blood; teaches skills that save lives; provides international humanitarian aid; and supports military members and their families. The Red Cross is a not-for-profit organization that depends on volunteers and the generosity of the American public to perform its mission. For more information, please call 1-888-4-HELP-BAY (1-888-443-5722) or visit redcross.org/bayarea to learn more. You may also find us on Facebook and Twitter.