American Red Cross
Bay Area Chapter
1663 Market Street
San Francisco, CA 94103
Media Contact: Kathryn Hecht
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
San Francisco, CA — The Board of Directors of the American Red Cross Bay Area Chapter held its annual meeting in June, installed new officers and elected four new members to the board.
The new board members bring diverse experiences to this leadership body, including decades of experience in transportation, youth services, and high tech. The new members began their terms effectively July 1. The newly elected board members are:
- Nichole Jordan, Sr. Vice President, Global Partner Success at Via
- Maurice Goodman, Executive Director at Operation Genesis, Inc.
- Zeien Cheung, San Francisco Leadership Council Chair, Global Services, Commercial Contracts Management Lead at Juniper Networks
- Shivum Kapoor, youth board member, Youth Consortium Call Lead, National Youth Council
The Bay Area Board officers elected for the 2021-2022 year are:
- John Graetz, Chair, Principal, Deloitte & Touche LLP
- Briana Taylor, Co-Vice chair, CEO, Raising Healthy Kids
- Jeff Block, Co-Vice Chair, Board Development and Engagement, Chair
“As we dive into the next fiscal year, we look forward to the potential of our new members combined with the expertise of our officers," says Jennifer Adrio, CEO of the America Red Cross Northern California Coastal Region. “Their combined diverse experiences are critical to the work our Chapter does for the nearly five million Bay Area residents."
“During the past year alone, our volunteers responded to 751 local disasters — many of them home fires — collected 52,766 units of lifesaving blood and trained 22,659 residents in first aid and water safety,” Adrio says. "And those are just a few of the many ways our chapter made a difference in our local communities."
Adrio also thanked the board's outgoing members — Margaret Baker and Michael Lewis and Youth Member Steven Huang — for their service to the board.
About the American Red Cross of the Bay Area:
The American Red Cross shelters, feeds and provides comfort to victims of disasters; supplies about 40% of the nation's blood; teaches skills that save lives; distributes international humanitarian aid; and supports veterans, military members and their families. The Red Cross is a nonprofit organization that depends on volunteers and the generosity of the American public to deliver its mission. For more information, please visit redcross.org or cruzrojaamericana.org, or visit us on Twitter at @RedCross.