24-hour Toll-Free Media Hotline:
855.559.0333 or NCCRpublicaffairs@redcross.org
SANTA ROSA (May 9, 2019) — The American Red Cross of the California Northwest honored nine volunteers from Napa and Sonoma counties at its annual Volunteer Recognition Dinner on April 12, 2019, at Charlie’s at the Windsor Golf Club.
Volunteers honored at the dinner include:
- Clara Barton Honor Award for Meritorious Volunteer Leadership: Tanya Sullivan (Sonoma)
- General Support Award: Vince Dieter (Sonoma)
- Youth and Young Adult Award: Sam Rivera (Sonoma)
- New Volunteer Award: Natalie Henery (Sonoma)
- Good Neighbor/ Partnership Award: Napa City Fire Department with Matt Gonsalves (Napa)
- Disaster Cycle Services Exceptional Response: Pam Chappell (Napa)
- Disaster Cycle Services Outstanding Support: Kathleen Scanlon (Napa)
- Sally Parks Volunteer Services Award: Cints Simon (Sonoma)
- Gene Beck Memorial Volunteer of the Year Award: Betsy Witthohn (Sonoma)
In addition, a number of people were honored at the event for the number of hours they volunteered to the Red Cross in 2018.
While the annual event spotlights several key volunteers, the event is designed to acknowledge all of the Red Cross's local volunteers says Nicole Massey, Volunteer & Youth Services Manager for Napa and Sonoma counties. "Our volunteers fill a number of important roles in serving our communities," says Massey. "Their selfless contributions of time and energy make the work of the Red Cross possible."
Photos from the event can be found on the California Northwest Chapter's Flickr site: https://www.flickr.com/photos/redcrosscalnw/albums/72157679910664648.
Become a Red Cross Volunteer
You can make a difference in the California Northwest by becoming a volunteer with the American Red Cross. Volunteers constitute about 94 percent of the total Red Cross workforce to carry out our humanitarian work. Red Cross volunteers are trained to meet the needs of those affected by disasters, providing food, shelter and comfort for families affected by major disasters such as fires, floods, and earthquakes as well as helping local residents prepare for and recover from emergencies of all kinds. We’ll find the position that appeals to you and allows you to use your skills and talents. For more information, please visit www.redcross.org.
About American Red Cross of the California Northwest
With office locations in Del Norte, Humboldt, Lake, Mendocino, Napa, and Sonoma counties, the American Red Cross is a non-profit, humanitarian organization that depends on the generous contributions of time and money from residents and companies to provide services and programs that help our community to prepare for, respond to, and recover from emergencies. For more information, visit our website at redcross.org/calnw or call us at 1-707-577-7600. You may also find us on Facebook and Twitter.