The American Red Cross Medical Education and Testing program prepares students for one of the highest demand jobs in the state.
In the Red Cross Nurse Assistant training (NAT) program, students learn to care for residents of nursing homes, hospitals, and home healthcare organizations. This rewarding program trains students to help clients maintain their quality of life. Classes are flexible and offered day and night. The valuable skills learned in the nine-week NAT program give students a solid foundation for entering the healthcare field.
Other Medical Education and Testing programs offered by the Red Cross include a re-entry program and Instructor Training Courses.
Questions? Call (603) 225-6697
Related Links: Download Winter Class Cancellation Policy
Margaret Wedge | Program Manager | Margaret.Wedge@redcross.org
American Red Cross Nurse Assistant Training Program
Sessions last approx. 1-1.5 hours.
- 2 Maitland Street - Concord, NH
1:30pm every Wednesday
- 83 Court Street - Keene, NH
1:00pm every Thursday
- 320 Corporate Drive (Great Bay Community College) - Portsmouth, NH
2:30pm every Friday
Please bring photo ID. All applicants must take pre-assessment screening test.
Classes offered in NH - Concord, Franklin, Portsmouth, Keene Peterborough, Lebanon and Manchester.
Daytime classes and evening classes are available.
- Must be 16 or older
- Successfully complete personal interview and screening exam
- Attend a Curriculum and Financial Information Session
- High School diploma or GED is NOT required
- Learn to care for residents in long-term facilities, at home and in the hospital
- Help clients maintain independence and quality of life
- Be eligible for the NH State licensing exam
- Be able to apply for jobs with benefits
- Build self-esteem and confidence
- Gain first-hand experience in local long-term clinical settings
The American Red Cross Testing Office is approved by the NH Board of Nursing to administer the LNA exam for both initial & reinstatement licensure.
We arrange testing dates for both individual & student groups for daytime and evenings.
If you or your students have successfully completed the Nursing Assistant Training in NH or your LNA license has expired, please contact us for the test form, preparation guide and fees.
Other Important Related Info:
To verify your LNA license or inquire about renewal or reinstatement requirements & access related forms, you may contact the New Hampshire Board of Nursing located at 121 S. Fruit St. Concord NH 03301, telephone 603-271-6282, web: www.nh.gov/nursing/nursing-assistant