OSHA and American Red Cross Alliance:
Protecting Employee, Volunteer, Safety and Health
The Red Cross partners with the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) to raise awareness about safety and health to prevent injuries, illnesses, and fatalities in the workplace. Together we seek to foster a culture of awareness, prevention and action.
Goals for our employee safety and wellness initiatives:
- Train and educate on CPR, AED use and first aid
- Nationally promote workplace safety and health
- Speak or exhibit at industry conferences, local meetings, or other Allience partner events such as the Emergency Cardiovascular Care Update (ECCU) Conference
- Increase outreach and communication about prevention and training through the Red Cross chapter network and OSHA's regional and area offices and state partners
- Work with other Alliance participants on specific issues and programs that address CPR, AED and first aid training and are developed though OSHA's Alliance Program
"Giving volunteers and workers vital information on the steps to take in the critical first moments of an emergency may mean the difference between life and death."
Dominick Toll, Vice President, Preparedness and Health Safety Services, American Red Cross
Red Cross Tools
Taking a First Aid, CPR and AED Course:
Explore in-person and online only options and learn about the new best-in-class Red Cross simulation learning programs
AEDs Save Lives:
Obtain Devices for your workplace through Red Cross
OSHA Safety & Health Topics:
Bloodborne Pathogens and Needlestick Prevention
Emergency Preparedness and Response
The OSHA and Red Cross National Alliance was originally signed in 2005 and was renewed in 2010, 2015 and 2020.