Babysitting & Child Care Education and Training
American Red Cross babysitting training and Advanced Child Care courses can help you gain the skills you need to take care of the kids in your neighborhood when their parents can't be with them. Created for both young babysitters and seasoned child care professionals, our best-in-class training gives you the opportunity to sharpen your skills and become a safe, reliable babysitter. During your training, you can also choose to earn your First Aid and CPR/AED certifications (good for two years), which can help you learn how to provide care during an emergency. Online and in-person classes are available for participants of all ages.
Find a child care training course near you and earn the certification you need.
Babysitting and Child Care Courses
Designed for new babysitters and childcare professionals alike, our childcare training courses allow you to gain the skills necessary to care for kids of all ages. The courses currently available include:
- Babysitting Basics: Created for those ages 11 and older, our online babysitting training course can help you learn how to provide care for infants and children, understand what to do in an emergency, choose age-appropriate activities, recognize and handle a range of behaviors, learn how to start your own babysitting business, and more.
- Babysitter's Training: Recommended for those ages 11 to 15, this course is designed to help participants develop leadership skills, build their business, help keep themselves and others safe, help children learn how to behave, and learn basic child care and basic first aid.
- Advanced Child Care:: Gain the knowledge and skills necessary to care for children and infants inside and outside of the home. The course delivers leadership training, child behavior and discipline training, as well as information on professionalism, safety, basic childcare, and more. (Note: This course is not intended as certification for state-licensed childcare providers and does not meet all state requirements for such certification.)
To complement your child care training, we also offer First Aid and CPR/AED certification courses. These classes can not only help build your skills – and your resume – but can allow you to safely help others in times of need.
Why Train With the Red Cross
Red Cross CPR Training Saves Lives
Reid Heiser, Life Saver
One week after 17-year-old Reid completed his Red Cross CPR training, he needed to use it. In November 2011, Reid saved the life of Jim Hammer after he collapsed at the recreation center where Reid worked. Now friends, they share their story.
Red Cross training matters
For more than a century, we've prepared people to respond to emergencies of all sizes - from the everyday to the large disaster. Join the millions we train every year and learn the skills that can save a life.
The Babysitter You Don't Want to Be
- Watch Now
"I'm really glad she survived that"
- Watch the Snyder Family's Story
- bvseo_sdk, dw_cartridge, 16.1.1, p_sdk_3.2.0
- CLOUD, getContent, 1ms
- reviews, product
- bvseo-msg: Cannot call property isOk in object [HTTPService id=1874727624]. It is not a function, it is "object".;