The American Red Cross lifeguard test offers a detailed examination of your knowledge and comprehension of both our written lifeguarding requirements and protocol as well as valuable hands-on skills and experience.
American Red Cross Lifeguard Classes
The American Red Cross lifeguarding classes are designed with your learning style in mind. Our traditional in-person lecture is available to those who prefer a more traditional classroom setting while our blended courses mix both conventional learning along with vital hands- on training. Whatever course design you prefer, our trained team of experts are here to teach you how to respond safely and effectively in the event of a lifeguarding emergency.
During your training process you will be tested on your CPR and First Aid skills, to name a few. The Red Cross provides useful study tools to help you prepare for your lifeguarding test. The American Red Cross Lifeguard Manual contains skills sheets and references to help you understand the importance of water safety and arm you with all of the knowledge necessary to help save lives and avoid injury.
The American Red Cross lifeguard classes are designed to deliver valuable information while training you with the following skills:
- Traditional in-person classes. Course length: 25 hours, 20 minutes
- Blended learning classes. Course length: 19 hours, 30 minutes in-person and 7 hours 30 minutes online. Total - 27 hours
Aquatic Attraction Lifeguarding
- Designed for participants that wish to Lifeguard at Waterparks or pools with attractions and a maximum water depth of 3 feet or less
- Aquatic Attraction Lifeguarding includes waterpark skills module
- Course length: 22 hours, 30 minutes (23 hours with optional skill practice session)
Shallow Water Lifeguarding
- Designed for participants that wish to lifeguard at aquatic facilities with a maximum water depth of 5 feet or less.
- Traditional in-person classes. Course length: 24 hours
- Blended learning classes. Course length: 18 hours in-person/7 hours and 30 minutes online Total - 25 hours, 30 minutes
Why Train with us?
For over 100 years, the American Red Cross preparation courses and training have been regarded as the best available in the nation. Our testing is designed to keep you informed on the latest and most effective lifeguarding techniques today while keeping the lives around you safe and in skilled hands.
Digital Certification - Access Your Certification with Ease
The American Red Cross makes accessing your lifeguarding certification a simple and easy process. We offer digital certificates that can be easily viewed from anywhere via your Red Cross account with simple access to print or share online. Allowing employers access to your certificate information has never been easier.
Visit redcross.org/confirm to access a copy of the valid certificate with your student training information.