The American Red Cross Lifeguarding classes are designed to teach you not only the basics in water safety but also the proper protocol when dealing with any emergencies around water. The Red Cross blends both traditional lecture style along with crucial hands-on training in order to teach you effective techniques to deliver prompt care to those in need. Learn how to respond safely and efficiently to water emergencies with lifeguard classes from the American Red Cross.
The American Red Cross lifeguard classes are designed to deliver valuable information while training you with the following skills:
- Traditional in-person classes. Course length: 25 hours, 20 minutes
- Blended learning classes. Course length: 19 hours, 30 minutes in-person and 7 hours 30 minutes online. Total - 27 hours
Aquatic Attraction Lifeguarding
- Designed for participants that wish to Lifeguard at Waterparks or pools with attractions and a maximum water depth of 3 feet or less
- Aquatic Attraction Lifeguarding includes the waterpark skills module
- Course length: 22 hours, 30 minutes (23 hours with optional skill practice session)
Shallow Water Lifeguarding
- Designed for participants that wish to lifeguard at aquatic facilities with a maximum water depth of 5 feet or less.
- Traditional in-person classes. Course length: 24 hours
- Blended learning classes. Course length: 18 hours in-person/7 hours and 30 minutes online Total - 25 hours, 30 minutes
What to Expect with Lifeguarding Certification ClassesCreated with your schedule and learning preferences in mind, the American Red Cross offers both in-person and more flexible blended learning opportunities combining online work with hands-on training.
Why Train With Us?
For over 100 years, the American Red Cross has been preparing people with the skills and expertise necessary in the event of an emergency. Our Red Cross courses and training are regarded as the best available, designed to keep you informed on the latest and most effective lifeguarding techniques today while keeping the lives around you safe and in skilled hands.
Click Here to View the American Red Cross' Free Digital Materials