How to Become a Red Cross Instructor
Each Instructor course requires the completion of a series of pre-requisites which begin with Authorized Provider (AP) or Learning Training Provider (LTP) affiliation. Review the AP and LTP links and Instructor Course Fact Sheets below to learn more about Instructor Course pre-requisites.
Become an Authorized Provider or Licensed Training Provider
An Authorized Provider (AP) is a company, organization or individual that signs an agreement allowing the AP to teach Red Cross courses to individuals within the APs company or organization only.
Licensed Training Providers are independent training businesses offering Red Cross training to workplaces, individuals, or recreational and pool facilities. To get started as an LTP, visit the Licensed Training Provider page.
Instructor Course Fact Sheets and Materials
Detailed requirements for Instructor Courses can be found in the Fact Sheets below:
- First Aid/CPR/AED Instructor
- Wilderness & Remote First Aid Instructor
- Babysitter’s Training Instructor
- Basic Life Support for Healthcare Providers Instructor
- Emergency Medical Response Instructor
- Lifeguarding Instructor
- CPR for Professional Rescuers Instructor
- Water Safety Instructor
- Basic Swim Instructor
- Safety Training for Swim Coaches Instructor
- Basic Water Rescue Instructor
Access instructor resources and program updates here.