American Red Cross BLS classes are developed under the guidance of, and reviewed by, the American Red Cross Scientific Advisory Council. Created with the latest information available, our BLS classes allow you to learn the life-saving techniques and can help prepare you for a career in the medical industry, as an EMT, police officer or firefighter, or another career where you have a duty to respond in emergency situations, our BLS classes allow you to choose the training that best suits your needs and your learning style.
BLS Classes for the Way You Learn
- In Person: Led by best-in-class instructors, our in-person courses combine lecture with hands-on skills sessions. Created for those who learn best in a traditional classroom setting, our in-person classes give you the time you need to learn the information presented, ask questions and become comfortable with the hands-on skills you'll need to pass your BLS certification exams.
- Blended Learning: Using a combination of self-paced, interactive online BLS classes and in-person skill sessions, our blended learning program gives you the ability to train on your schedule, and demonstrate your skills to a certified instructor.
What You'll Learn
In order to help you respond safely to a range of medical problems, our BLS class schedule includes coursework in:
- Scene Safety & Assessment
- CPR/AED Use for Adults, Children and Infants
- Obstructed Airways
- Critical Thinking and Problem Solving
Certification Made Simple. Fast. Easy. Digital.
When you take a BLS class from the American Red Cross, and earn certification, you'll get anytime, anywhere access to Red Cross Digital Certificates, as well as the ability to print, share, and download your certificate wherever and whenever you like. Digital certificates can be viewed, printed or shared online and can be accessed anytime through your Red Cross Account. Each certificate includes a unique ID and a QR code which meets employment requirements and allows employers to easily confirm your certificate is valid. Class participants and employers can visit redcross.org/confirm and enter the ID found on the digital certificate (or scan the QR code with a standard QR reader using a smart device) to access a copy of the valid certificate with student training information.