Register for Classes in Your Area
During your training process you will be tested on your CPR and First Aid skills, to name a few. The Red Cross provides useful study tools to help you prepare for your lifeguarding test. The American Red Cross Lifeguard Manual contains skills sheets and references to help you understand the importance of water safety and arm you with all of the knowledge necessary to help save lives and avoid injury.
The American Red Cross lifeguard classes are designed to deliver valuable information while training you with the following skills:
- Traditional in-person classes. Course length: 25 hours, 20 minutes
- Blended learning classes. Course length: 19 hours, 30 minutes in-person and 7 hours 30 minutes online. Total - 27 hours
- Designed for participants that wish to Lifeguard at Waterparks or pools with attractions and a maximum water depth of 3 feet or less
- Aquatic Attraction Lifeguarding includes waterpark skills module
- Course length: 22 hours, 30 minutes (23 hours with optional skill practice session)
- Designed for participants that wish to lifeguard at aquatic facilities with a maximum water depth of 5 feet or less.
- Traditional in-person classes. Course length: 24 hours
- Blended learning classes. Course length: 18 hours in-person/7 hours and 30 minutes online Total - 25 hours, 30 minutes
For over 100 years, the American Red Cross preparation courses and training have been regarded as the best available in the nation. Our testing is designed to keep you informed on the latest and most effective lifeguarding techniques today while keeping the lives around you safe and in skilled hands.
The American Red Cross makes accessing your lifeguarding certification a simple and easy process. We offer digital certificates that can be easily viewed from anywhere via your Red Cross account with simple access to print or share online. Allowing employers access to your certificate information has never been easier.
Visit redcross.org/confirm to access a copy of the valid certificate with your student training information.