All of us at the American Red Cross would like to thank everyone for their support on #GivingTuesday to bring comfort and hope to families in need.
Every eight minutes, the Red Cross assists someone affected by disaster in the U.S. because of generous donations, which help provide people with food, shelter, relief supplies, emotional support, recovery planning and other assistance.
Our lifesaving mission depends on generous support, which makes a vital difference for people each year as we:
- Respond to more than 60,000 disasters across the country.
- Train more than 4.8 million people in first aid, water safety and other skills that help save lives.
- Provide nearly 471,000 services to service members, veterans and families through our Hero Care Network.
- Collect more than 4.6 million blood donations and nearly 1 million platelet donations from more than 2.6 million volunteer donors. These donations are then processed into about 6.5 million blood products for transfusion on average to meet the needs of patients at about 2,500 hospitals and other facilities across the country.
- Help about 230 million people outside the U.S. through American Red Cross disease prevention activities and disaster services.
On behalf of the individuals and families that we serve each day, thank you for your support to Give Something that Means Something.