This has been a difficult year like no other, with the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, relentless hurricanes and wildfires, and other emergencies that upend lives every day. Through it all, our volunteers, donors, partners and other supporters have stepped up to meet these rising challenges and ease people’s suffering during a time when so many people need help.
When the coronavirus pandemic struck this year, your support enabled us to adapt our services to continue safely helping families facing life’s crises — whether it was providing emergency hotel lodging and financial assistance after a disaster, offering online support workshops for military families, or donating blood or convalescent plasma to support those fighting COVID-19. This is truly a time to take care of one another, and our work continues today because of your commitment.
On behalf of those we serve, the American Red Cross thanks each and every one of you for your contributions. Our lifesaving mission — which touches millions of lives a year — wouldn’t be possible without your support. Each year, it enables us to:
- Respond to more than 60,000 disasters across the country.
- Provide more than 513,000 services to members of the military, veterans and families.
- Train more than 4.5 million people in first aid, water safety and other lifesaving skills.
- Distribute nearly 6.4 million blood products for transfusion on average to help patients at about 2,500 hospitals and other facilities across the country.
- Help more than 250 million people around the world through American Red Cross disease prevention activities and disaster services.
Again, we say thank you to all of you, and wish everyone a safe and peaceful Thanksgiving.