This year, as families and communities faced greater emergency needs from the ongoing challenges of COVID-19, climate change and global conflict, people stepped up to deliver help and hope through the American Red Cross.
This work would not be possible without our volunteers, donors and partners. When an emergency occurs, our selfless volunteers work around the clock to lend a hand. Our generous individual and corporate financial donors enable us to provide relief and care. And our compassionate blood donors roll up a sleeve to give the precious gift of lifesaving blood.
Thank you for your profound commitment to the American Red Cross and those we serve. Each year, your support enables us to:
- Respond to more than 60,000 disasters.
- Provide nearly 550,000 services to members of the military, veterans and families through our Hero Care Network.
- Train more than 4.6 million people in first aid, water safety and other lifesaving skills.
- Help about 210 million people around the world through American Red Cross disease prevention activities and disaster services.
- Distribute about 6.4 million blood products for transfusion to help patients at about 2,500 hospitals and other facilities across the country.
We here at the Red Cross would once again like to say thank you to all of you, and express our hope that everyone has a joyous, safe and peaceful Thanksgiving.