Emergency situations that may require first aid can occur anytime, anyplace. The American Red Cross First Aid App is an important tool everyone can download to their mobile device, putting free and simple lifesaving information at their fingertips.
This app gives instant access to information on how to handle the most common first aid situations, taking critical first aid information normally stored on bookshelves and in pamphlets and places it at the fingertips of millions of individuals – in order to help save lives.
Videos and interactive quizzes are also part of the app. Users who take quizzes can earn badges they can share with friends through social media to show off their lifesaving knowledge.
The Red Cross app also includes trusted Red Cross disaster preparedness information for a number of common situations.
First Aid App features include:
- Simple step-by-step instructions for everyday first aid scenarios
- Prioritized steps to take during an emergency, with a 9-1-1 call button
- Sharable badges to be unlocked through interactive quizzes
- Videos and animations to make learning first aid fun and easy
- Safety and preparedness tips for a range of severe weather
- Preloaded content that gives instant access to all safety information at any time.
The content is available in English and in Spanish. Downloading the app is not a substitute for training. To learn more about Red Cross first aid or register for a course, visit training information on redcross.org.
From how to be safe and prepared in an emergency to help for the nation’s active military and veterans all the way down to how to take care of your pet, the Red Cross has a suite of apps for mobile devices that includes something for everyone. Find all of the Red Cross apps in app stores by searching for the American Red Cross or going to redcross.org/apps.