For more than a decade, FedEx has provided complimentary transportation services and logistical support to help the American Red Cross get emergency supplies to areas affected by disasters. The company’s expertise in moving large numbers of packages in extremely short time frames is a valuable resource for Red Cross workers when critically needed equipment needs to be delivered in a matter of hours rather than days.
As a founding member of the Annual Disaster Giving Program, FedEx has provided millions of dollars in cash and in-kind services over the years. Their current five-year pledge period includes $1.75 million in cash to help provide a stable base of funding for response to thousands of disasters nationwide each year.
Learn more about FedEx's Global Citizenship »
In-Kind, Local and Leadership Support
- In-kind shipping of technology and transporting equipment to responses nationwide.
- In-kind support of the Restoring Family Links program of the Red Cross to connect loved ones separated by conflict around the world.
- Significant financial commitment to American Red Cross Disaster Relief as a member of the Annual Disaster Giving Program.
- Lead donor for the new American Red Cross facility in Memphis, Tennessee.
- Annual support to Mid-South Chapter in Memphis, Tennessee.
- Neil Gibson, FedEx Vice President, Corporate Communications, serves as a member of the Red Cross Corporate Advisory Council.
- The American Red Cross is the charity of choice for the FedEx Air & Ground NFL Players of the Week competition during the 2014/2015 football season.
- Partnered with the Red Cross to create the Emergency Preparedness Checklist and Tips for Small Businesses
- NASCAR® driver Denny Hamlin delivered preparedness items to local FedEx small business customers.