Use your social channels to empower fans and followers to take action – and share that action – in support of the American Red Cross. On #GivingTuesday, promote the need for financial support or blood donations on social media and offer to provide a dollar match for every time the post is shared. Be sure to work with your Red Cross relationship manager to execute the proper agreement for a social fundraising campaign.
Encourage fans, followers and/or employees to donate, volunteer with their Red Cross chapter, give blood or take a CPR class….and share it on social media with the #GiveWithMeaning hashtag.
You can tweet to the @RedCross account as well - our digital communities love seeing your support. Tweet in any way you feel aligns with our mission, or you can post messages similar to these:
- Let’s #GiveWithMeaning this holiday season – donate to the @RedCross today [link to www.redcross.org or your company’s public microsite]
- #GiveWithMeaning this holiday by donating blood or platelets – make your appointment today www.redcrossblood.org.
- Donate a meaningful gift in honor of the special people in your life through the @RedCross. #GiveWithMeaning today www.redcross.org/gifts.
- Give the gift of your time – volunteer with the @RedCross: redcross.org/support/volunteer #GiveWithMeaning.
Giving Tuesday (Nov 30) - You may also customize the messages above with the #GivingTuesday hashtag.
- We’re excited to support the @RedCross on #GivingTuesday! #GiveWithMeaning this holiday season [link to www.redcross.org or your company’s public microsite]
- Bring warmth and security to those affected by disasters. $50 could provide blankets for 10 people: http://rdcrss.org/blankets #GiveWithMeaning #GivingTuesday
- Make sure no family goes hungry after disaster strikes. $100 can provide meals for 10 people: http://rdcrss.org/meals #GiveWithMeaning #GivingTuesday
You may also link to your company’s website where you discuss your Red Cross partnership.