Ideal for police, fire, EMS, nurses and other health care professionals.
Back to Main Menu
Get StartedThis course teaches those with a duty to respond how to care for breathing and cardiac emergencies in adults, children and infants.
- Performing a primary assessment
- Giving ventilations (includes BVM)
- Choking (conscious and unconscious)
- CPR (one- and two-rescuer)
*Optional training on emergency oxygen, bloodborne pathogens, asthma inhalers and epinephrine auto-injectors also available.
- Traditional classroom: 5.5 hours
- Blended learning: Significantly less time for those re-certifying
- The latest science and educational innovations
- 2-year certification with free online skills refreshers
- Free digital or affordable print course materials
- Centralized support for businesses with multiple locations
- Continuing education units available
Train When, Where and How You Want:
- Blended Learning: combines online learning and in-person skills session
- Full Service: a Red Cross instructor trains at your facility
- Community: employees train at a local Red Cross office
- Authorized Provider: certify select staff as instructors to train others (for companies training 150+ people per year)
Current Red Cross instructors
To get started teaching this program, visit the CPR/AED for Professional Rescuers and Health Care Providers program page on Instructor's Corner. (Login to Instructor's Corner is required)