Opening Response Scenario
- Instructor engages participants with an opening emergency scenario
Hands-on Skill Practice
- Participants divide into 5 different teams and select a skill station
- At that skill station, participants select a cue card featuring one of nine total available scenarios
Role Play & Assess
- Assign roles; everyone has an opportunity to act as a responder
- Role play the scenario
- Instructor assesses performance; provides feedback and assistance
- Move to next skill station
Team First Aid Exercises - an in-person; guided scenario-based team session designed to enhance a certified employee’s ability to respond as a team.
The value of the Team First Aid Exercises is that it prepares individual responders to perform as a team. While training provides an individual with the skills to respond, the exercises provide an engaging, safe environment to enhance those skills and practice applying them as a team.
- Provides employees’ roles and the ability to implement a coordinated response. Hands-on practice allows employees to maximize the expertise of the individual in a team environment.
- Builds confidence to respond. Emergency scenarios allow employees to learn by doing in a safe environment.
- Optimizes the response time and outcomes. This exercise requires employees to focus on a goal where time is of the essence.