Many parts of the country are dealing with frigid temperatures, howling winds and a large accumulation of snow. The American Red Cross has tips to follow to help cope with the ongoing winter weather:
Weather experts report another cold front will bring frigid conditions and possible snowfall to the central and eastern parts of the country this week, stretching all the way to the Gulf Coast. The snow and cold temperatures have caused many people to be cooped up inside their homes, and here are some Red Cross tips on how to cope with the cold.
1. Download the Red Cross First Aid App and earn some badges for yourself or with your family. Share them on Facebook. This free app is available on the Apple iTunes or Google Play stores.
2. Schedule a blood donation.
3. Stay active outside when it is safe.
4. Elderly family and friends are the most vulnerable in the cold. Consider visiting them and brining some warm food and company.
5. Make some safety home improvements while you’re cooped up inside. Empty clutter around escape routes or fire-prone areas, install new grab bars in the bathroom, etc.