The mission of the American Red Cross is to prevent and alleviate human suffering in the face of emergencies and in this week of Thanksgiving, we would like to thank everyone who supports our organization and allows us to help people in need.
We could not do the work we do without our volunteers and donors. When an emergency occurs, our volunteers leave their homes and work around the clock to lend a hand. Our generous individual and corporate financial donors enable us to provide shelter, food and comfort. And our faithful blood donors give the precious gift of lifesaving blood.
Thank you for your profound commitment to the American Red Cross and those we serve. Each year, your support allows us to:
- Responding to more than 60,000 disasters in the U.S.
- Providing nearly 550,000 services to members of the military, veterans and their families through our Hero Care Network.
- Training more than 4.6 million people in first aid, water safety and other lifesaving skills.
- Helping nearly 210 million people around the world through American Red Cross disease prevention activities and disaster services.
- Distributing more than 6.4 million blood products for transfusion to meet the needs of patients at about 2,500 hospitals and other facilities across the country.
We here at the Red Cross would once again like to say thank you to all of you, and express our hope that everyone has a joyous, safe and peaceful Thanksgiving.