Enrollment for the initial phase of Red Cross financial assistance ended on September 18, 2023. However, the American Red Cross is offering another round of financial assistance for people whose primary home was destroyed or is unlivable due to the Maui wildfires, and who are continuing to experience unmet recovery needs.
Bridge Financial Assistance Program:
- Starting Monday, October 16, if your home was destroyed or is unlivable due to the wildfires, you may get an invitation to complete an application directly from the Red Cross, by email, text message or phone call. Please respond to the message so you can get this help.
- Starting Monday, October 23, if you have not heard from the Red Cross and believe you may be eligible, go to redcross.org/hihelp to find the nearest Red Cross service center to speak to a worker in person.
To be eligible for this program, households must apply for the program between October 16 and November 7, and meet the following requirements:
- Your pre-disaster primary residence (renter or homeowner) is in a confirmed disaster-impacted geographic area in Maui County and is either destroyed or has sustained significant structural damage that requires extensive repairs, or the damage is so severe that repairs are not feasible.
- You need financial assistance for unmet recovery needs resulting from the disaster.
- You must be able to provide proof of identity and residence at the disaster-impacted address.
To apply for this assistance:
- Follow the instructions received by email, text or phone call from the Red Cross, beginning October 16. If you receive an invitation, applications may be completed virtually or by calling 1-800-RED CROSS (800-733-2767) for support.
- Visit redcross.org/hihelp beginning October 23 to find the nearest service center where Red Cross workers will be available to support.
We strongly encourage people to apply for federal Disaster Assistance at disasterassistance.gov or by calling 1-800-621-3362. Approval for FEMA assistance is not a requirement to receive Red Cross financial assistance.
For questions about American Red Cross financial assistance or other support, please call: 1-800-RED CROSS (800-733-2767)
Thousands of impacted households will receive an invitation to complete an application through an email, text message, or phone call directly from the American Red Cross. This is NOT a SCAM!
- Emails will come from “American Red Cross” via firstname.lastname@example.org
- The phone number the text message comes from is 732777