The three stained glass windows located at Red Cross National Headquarters were commissioned from the Tiffany Studios in 1917 as the organization moved into its new building. The windows depict the theme of ministry to the sick and wounded through sacrifice. Dedicated in 1923, they are reputed to be the largest suite of Tiffany windows created for a secular environment and have remained in place where they can be appreciated in the environment for which they were created. Most Tiffany windows, except for those in churches, have been removed from their original location. The detailed molding within the room was designed to complement the windows and enhance their beauty.