Breathing new life into resuscitation education, Basic Life Support for Healthcare Providers (BLS) is designed to train professionals to respond to cardiac and breathing emergencies for adult, child, and infant victims.
Consistent with the 2010 AHA Guidelines for CPR/ECC, BLS is the foundational CPR/AED program typically required for healthcare providers and public safety professionals including Physicians, Nurses, Dental and Pharmacy Professionals, Physical Therapists, Emergency Medical Services (EMS), Police Officers, Firefighters, and Athletic and Fitness Trainers.
BLS is available in both an instructor-led and blended learning format. Upon successful completion of the course, learners will receive a 2-year “Basic Life Support for Healthcare Providers” digital certificate with anytime, anywhere access to certificate and training history.
Brand new Simulation Learning training method available.
Simulation Learning is an immersive, online learning experience that allows you to make decisions – and mistakes – without risk to the patient, followed by an in-person skills session.
2 to 4.5 hours. depending on course option.
- Conducting an expended scene size-up
- Performing a primary assessment
- Providing CPR (One- and Two-Rescuer)
- Ventilations including using a Bag-Valve-Mask
- Using an AED
- Relieving a foreign body airway obstruction
Care steps outlines in BLS are consistent with
- 2010 International Liaison Committee on Resuscitation (ILCOR) Consensus on Science and Treatment Recommendations (CoSTR)
- 2010 American Heart Association Guidelines for CPR & ECC.