Today is GivingTuesday, a global movement with the simple goal of doing good in communities. Through the American Red Cross, you can turn your compassion into action for people in need, whether it’s by making a tax-deductible donation or booking a time to give blood.
Below are some ways you can make a difference through our holiday gift catalog. It’s also a great way to get started on your holiday shopping list by donating in honor of a loved one. And when you give $125 or more, we’ll send you a special gift as a thank you for your generosity.
- HELP WHERE IT IS NEEDED MOST A donation of any size provides hope in times of crisis — whether someone needs a safe place to stay after a home fire, to learn CPR, to receive a lifesaving blood transfusion or help to contact a loved one deployed with the military during a family emergency.
- HELP MILITARY FAMILIES AND VETERANS The Red Cross has proudly served military families and veterans for more than 140 years. Support them as they navigate the unique challenges of military life. Your donation of $50 can help connect veterans and their families to critical community services, such as food, housing, mental health support and rehabilitation.
- HELP DISASTER VICTIMS The nation’s intensifying climate crisis — on top of the ongoing threat of everyday disasters like home fires — underscores the continual need for support. Help provide emergency shelter, hot meals, blankets and more for families in need. For example, your gift of $50 can provide a person with a full day of emergency shelter with a cot, blankets, meals and hygiene supplies. A larger donation of $100 can provide breakfast, lunch and dinner for five people staying in an emergency shelter after a U.S. disaster.
- HELP AROUND THE WORLD The American Red Cross is working with the Measles & Rubella Partnership to help protect children from these deadly diseases. Help vaccinate children overseas and provide lifesaving education to their families. Your gift of $20 can provide vaccinations for 10 children and educate their families about the dangers of measles and rubella.
OTHER WAYS TO DONATE You can support people in need in other ways too:
- GIVE LIFE The need for blood is constant — one in seven patients entering a hospital will need a blood transfusion. Every day, Red Cross blood donors are a lifeline for car accident victims, parents with complicated childbirths, individuals battling cancer and people with sickle cell disease. Make an appointment today to give blood or platelets by visiting RedCrossBlood.org.
- GIVE TIME Our workforce is powered by 90% volunteers, who are the backbone of our lifesaving mission. Check out our most-needed positions and find opportunities in your community at redcross.org/volunteertoday.