CNA Classes in Hartford
The Red Cross offers CNA classes in Hartford that can help you develop the skills and confidence to begin your career in the medical field. By emphasizing academics and hands-on training, as well as the importance of good communication, and the Art of Caregiving, our courses can prepare you to pass your state's CNA certification exam – and become an invaluable member of a medical team.
As a CNA, and a critical part of the nursing team, you'll play a vital role in patient care. In order to prepare you for a wide range of situations, our CNA training in Hartford focuses on academics and hands-on training in a range of skills, including CPR, First Aid, and AED usage, infection control, taking vital signs, range-of-motion exercises, the Art of Caregiving, communication, teamwork, and workplace safety. Throughout your training you'll receive guidance from caring, licensed professional nurses who can help you learn what it takes to succeed.
The purpose of the Certified Nurse Assistant Training Program is to provide information and skills that will enable the student to provide quality care for residents in nursing homes, as well as supplemental information and skills that will enable them to provide quality health care for clients at home and patients in hospitals.
Day Classes are 4 weeks long
- For the first 3 weeks, classes are held Monday – Thursday from 9:00am – 3:15pm.
- Clinical work will be held the last week of class, Monday – Thursday, from 8:00am – 2:15pm, at a specified location assigned to that area.
Evening classes are 7 weeks long.
- For the first 6 weeks, classes are held Tuesday – Thursday from 5:30 pm – 10:00pm.
- Clinical work will be held the last week of class, Monday – Thursday, from 4:45pm – 11:00pm, at a specified location assigned to that area.
CPR/First Aid/AED held on the second Friday for days and second Thursday for evenings is included in the cost.
The fee for the Certified Nurse Assistant Training program is $1,250.00. This fee will include a textbook, and a certificate prodvided at graduation.
$250.00 non- refundable enrollment fee
$1000.00 must be paid off 7 days prior to start date.
*Cost of Program and Payment plan are subject to change. We accept Visa, MC, Discover or American Express, bank check or money order. NO CASH OR PERSONAL CHECKS.
To be accepted into the American Red Cross Certified Nurse Assistant Training Program, the prospective student must:
- Present a photo ID at the time of the orientation.
- Complete and pass a National Criminal background check.
- Take an entrance exam, which includes reading comprehension, writing, and basic math. These skills are measured to ensure that the prospective student will be able to read and understand the material in class.
- Before beginning the program, students will be required to submit an ARC physical examination form which includes results from a PPD test.
Gateway Community College - New Haven Campus
20 Church St
New Haven, CT
Contact: Kandace Murray at Kandace.Murray@redcross.org or 203-234-2115 for registration information.
American Red Cross
1057 Broad Street - 3rd Floor
Contact: Autumn Furlow at Autumn.Furlow2@redcross.org or 203-338-0951 for registration information
American Red Cross
323 Pitkin St. - 111 Founders Plaza 10th Flr
Contact: Elizabeth Hernandez at Elizabeth.Hernandez@redcross.org or 203-234-2115 for registration information.
Once you've successfully passed your CNA classes in Hartford, you will be ready to take your state licensing exam and skills test. These exams are up to you to schedule and are not typically hosted at Red Cross training facilities. Test-day requirements vary by location, but will be available to you well before your test date.
All Red Cross CNA classes in Hartford use the most up-to-date course materials available. In addition, they are augmented with a wide range of online resources and manuals, which can be accessed and used throughout your training, and well into your career. Our library also includes a variety of refresher activities and information that can help keep your CPR, First Aid, and AEDskills sharp between certifications. This way, you'll be ready to help when it's needed most.