Nursing Assistant Training - Certified (CNA)
Nursing Assistant Training (Red Cross CNA)
Call (215) 405-8536 for information & to register or fill out the contact form
During Red Cross CNA training, students learn nursing skills, including: taking and recording the patient's blood pressure, temperature, pulse rate, and respirations. Students assist residents with the activities of daily living, including bathing and hygiene, using the toilet, and exercise. Students apply safe and correct techniques to assist patients with moving, walking, and positioning; recording vital information on specific medical forms and bedside charts, and responding properly to emergencies.
- 4-week Red Cross CNA course approved by the Pennsylvania Department of Education
- All nursing supplies are provided with the exception of uniforms. Students also need to have a wrist watch with a second hand.
- Nursing Assistant Training (NAT) clinical classes have a one instructor per ten students ratio.
- The cost of taking the Nurse Assistant Competency Certification Exam is included in the tuition.
- Students enrolled in the NAT program are required to pay a fee of $1,300.00.
- Grants are available - to qualify you must be employed making $8 or less per hour or working 20 hours or less per week.
- For questions or to register for an orientation session, please contact (215) 405-8536
- Attend a mandatory orientation session. Call to register (215) 405-8536
- Pass a reading test
- Have a criminal history report free of prohibitive offenses. If the individual has not been a resident of Pennsylvania for the last two years, he or she must obtain an FBI check via firstname.lastname@example.org
- Complete a physical with a 2-step Mantoux
- Women who are pregnant must have a signed form from their OB physician stating that they are able to meet the occupational responsibilities
- The occupational responsibilities of the candidate may involve having full use of their hands, the ability to stand for extensive periods of time, able to perform bending, pushing, pulling and be able to lift and move between 35 - 50 lbs.
- The candidate must be 16 years of age before taking the Pennsylvania NAT Examination. Some nursing home facilities may require the candidate to be at least 18 years of age.
Read a Personal Story from a Featured Nursing Graduate:
My name is Kathleen Mathews and I am a graduate of the American Red Cross CNA program. This 4 week program has made such a difference in my life in such short time. Hearing that this program is only four weeks short was so scary at first. Even though I was previously a college student I was scared that the course was going to be overwhelming and too fast paced. I shortly came to realize that the course was far from what I had imagined. The teacher did such a great job with making sure the whole class understood what was being taught and that we as a class and individuals fully comprehended the chapters taught that day. After lectures the class was able to go into the lab rooms and practice the clinical skills that were needed for clinical and the work field. This is where we got to learn hands on how to properly do all of the skills needed and the teacher was able to show us the best ways possible to work with other people and how up close and personal you would have to get with the people you are giving care to.
This program is one of the best ways to get yourself started in the medical field. Not only is it affordable it is done properly and in a timely manner so that you can learn all the essentials and start working shortly after. The clinical sites are amazing. They are both very welcoming establishments with friendly staff that are willing to help the students out in every way that they can. I have had such a great experience in this program with the lectures, labs and clinical hours. As a college student that had such a bad experience with college courses I walked into this program looking to be disappointed but I was proven wrong after the first day when I saw how much the teacher really helped the class. I would most definitely recommend this program to many more people.
Philadelphia, PA Location
The American Red Cross Nurse Assistant Training Program of Philadelphia County is located at the Red Cross House, 4000 Powelton Ave, Philadelphia, PA 19104. Free street parking is available, and it is readily accessible by SEPTA. The program is located in the Red Cross House, a facility that shelters individuals or families temporarily or permanently displaced as a direct result of a disaster. There are two large modern classrooms designed for lecture, as well as a large skills laboratory for clinical skills training. Students use their knowledge and skills to provide care to residents in one of two long term care facilities located in center city Philadelphia or Yeadon. The site accommodates 18 students.
Landsdale, PA Location
The American Red Cross Nurse Assistant Training Program of Montgomery County is located at Saint Mary Manor 701 Lansdale Avenue, Lansdale PA 19446. This location has free onsite parking, and is not accessible by public transportation. The program has one modern classroom designed for lecture, as well as skills laboratory designed for skills training which accommodates up to 10 students. The students provide care to the residents of Saint Mary Manor`s long term care units.
The American Red Cross Nurse Assistant Training Program of Montgomery County is located at Holy Redeemer St Joseph Manor 1616 Huntingdon Pike Meadowbrook, PA 19046. This location has free onsite parking, and is accessible by public transportation. The program has one modern classroom designed for lecture, as well as skills laboratory designed for skills training which accommodates up to 10 students. The students provide care to the residents of Holy Redeemer`s long term care units.
The American Red Cross Nurse Assistant Training Program of Bucks County is located at Rockhill Mennonite Community 3250 State Road Sellersville, PA 18960. This location has free onsite parking, and is not accessible by public transportation. The program has one modern classroom designed for lecture, as well as skills laboratory designed for skills training which accommodates up to 10 students. The students provide care to the residents of Rockhill Mennonite Community`s long term care units.