California Nurse Assistant Competency Examination
The American Red Cross Competency Evaluation Program (CEP) is pleased to announce that we have an updated Written Test which will be put into effect on October 1, 2018.
Exam Information and Study Guide
Since 1992, the Competency Evaluation Program (CEP) of the American Red Cross (ARC) in California has tested over 375,000 candidates for skill competency. Candidates are qualified to become a Certified Nurse Assistant (CNA), after receiving a criminal record clearance from the Department of Justice (DOJ), completing training requirements approved by the California Department of Public Health (CDPH), and passing both parts (Skills Test and Written Test) of the Competency Evaluation Exam.
During the Nurse Competency Skills Test, candidates will demonstrate four (4) skills learned from their training program. They will be evaluated based on the demonstration of each skill performed, including how to follow the Six Principles of Care. The Written Test consists of 60 multiple-choice questions with a two-hour time limit. YOU WILL RECEIVE SAME DAY TEST RESULTS.
Find out What to Expect for the Skills Test.
Download the Exam Information and Study Guide.
To file a grievance download the Grievance Form.
You will want to know
- About Accommodations page 2
- Three (3) Items To Bring To The Exam / What Not To Bring To The Exam page 3
- About Additional Exam Day Information / About Professional Conduct page 4
- About Guests / Visitors page 4
- About Passing Both Parts Of The Exam page 5
- About Not Passing One Or Both Parts Of The Exam page 5
- About Payment Policy / Fees / Phone Number / Scheduling / Cancellations page 5
- How To Verify Your CNA Certificate Online page 5
- About The Six Principles Of Care page 6
- What Are Opening And Closing Procedures? page 7
- What You Need To Remember During The Skills Test page 7
- About Communication With The Resident page 8
- How To Make Corrections During The Skills Test page 9
- How To Perform The Twenty-Five (25) Skills / About Testing Stations A-B-C page 10-25
Nurse Competency Testing Fees
Option 1: Skills + Written Test $105
Option 2: Skills + Oral Test $120
Option 3: Skills Re-Test $65
Option 4: Written Re-Test $40
Option 5: Oral Test $55
Rescheduling Fee $30
To find an upcoming test and to register, click here or call the TSC at 1-800-REDCROSS.
Pay by Credit/Debit Card only.
After payment is processed, a confirmation and receipt will be sent to you via e-mail.
CNA/LNA Exam Prep Platform For Nurse Assistant Candidates
American Red Cross Competency Evaluation Program is pleased to offer a test prep platform to help you prepare for the written CNA/LNA State Examination in all states nationwide. This web-based tool allows you to experience questions written in a similar style and degree of difficulty. The exam contains actual retired Nurse Assistant Knowledge Exam questions configured into the current examination blueprint.
- Clean, intuitive, and user friendly dashboard
- Helps you improve overall efficiency and impact study efforts during your nurse assistant training program and mitigate exam day anxiety
- Clear visual analytics and real-time progress reports use graphs and charts to track your performance history and ultimately succeed
- Unlimited practice exams
How To Get Started: It is time to advance with a convenient and reliable study tool. Register at: https://www.testrun.com/Red-Cross