Interested in a great summer job or challenging career as a professional lifeguard? Through videos, group discussion and hands-on practice, you’ll learn teamwork, rescue and surveillance skills, First Aid and CPR/AED and other skills you need to work as a professional lifeguard.
Our courses are available dependent upon nearby water attractions. If you don’t see the course you need, please contact your Red Cross representative. Find them at redcross.org/take-a-class/aquaticsrepresentatives.
- Traditional in-person course format 25 hours, 20 minutes
- Blended Learning course format 19 hours, 30 minutes in-person/7 hours 30 minutes online (27 hours)
- Basic-level course for entry-level participants at pools or attractions with maximum water depth of 3 feet or less
- Aquatic Attraction Lifeguarding includes waterpark module skill
- Course length: 22 hours, 30 minutes (23 hours with optional skill practice session)
- Traditional in-person course format 24 hours
- Blended Learning course format 18 hours in-person/7 hours, 30 minutes online (25 hours, 30 minutes)