Emergency Medical Response (EMR)
Get Professional-Level Training for Your Students and Faculty!
Did you know the Red Cross provides a training program based on the national EMS educational standards for an Emergency Medical Responder?
Emergency Medical Response is a dynamic 56-hour course featuring lecture, video, simulated emergency situations, discussion and hands-on skill practice based on the national EMS curriculum requirements and educational standards.
EMR Instructor and student materials are now available for pre-order from the Red Cross Store. Go to the Red Cross Store
While Emergency Medical Responder (EMR) does not provide state licensure or certification as an Emergency Medical Responder, this course is ideal for high school and college-aged students to receive training similar to the training EMS professionals receive as they look to enter careers in healthcare, public safety, or law enforcement.
This training is also ideal for your on-campus security and/or emergency response teams!
Interested in a preview of EMR materials?
If you are a current Red Cross EMR Instructor, download these Syllabus Conversion Guides to update your syllabus quickly so you can start teaching the updated EMR curriculum next semester!
Additional benefits include:
- Extended professional-level training updated to reflect the latest in first aid, emergency cardiovascular care, and national EMS education standards.
- FREE digital instructor materials and resources
- Red Cross digital certificates - access anytime, anywhere!
- FREE award-winning First Aid apps
- World-class nationwide customer service center
Call today toll-free 1.800.741.7145 to learn how your institution can begin offering EMR.