Take a Class
Janet's Law Compliance Offers
Red Cross Training for Your OrganizationTo take advantage of these offers, fill out the form below:  Get StartedAll fields are required.
Janet's Law takes effect on Sept 1, 2014.
Janet’s Law requires the following items:
- All public and private schools K-12 to have an AED on site
- At least five school employees to be certified in CPR/AED
- An emergency action plan for a sudden cardiac event
- The AED to be located in an accessible, unlocked location (such as outside the school gym) with appropriate signage above the unit
- Signs throughout the school directing people to the AED
New Jersey high school graduation law requires the following, effective with the graduating class of 2019:
- A new law signed on August 20th of this year supporting Janet's Law requires the following, effective with this fall's high school freshman class: public school students in New Jersey will be required to learn CPR and how to use defibrillators in order to graduate.
Get the benefits of partnering with the Red Cross and save up to 30%!
The leader in workplace training solutions can offer your school a one-stop solution. The Red Cross offers an entire suite of health and safety training, emergency action plans, and access to automated external defibrillators (AEDs) that are a required under NJ State Laws. As an organization that responds to more than 70,000 disasters a year we are experts in preparedness. So you’ll benefit from “one-stop” convenience by the country’s premier provider.
Instant Access to AED Products
- Everything you’ll need from AEDs, and accessories, to service and maintenance plans.
- Secured discounts with our AED partners - to save your school up to 30%.
Leader in First Aid and CPR/AED Training
- Flexible classes - online and in-class options to fit your schedule.
- Modular courses - train in CPR and AED or add First Aid for more comprehensive learning.
- Digital certificates - fast proof of certification, that's easy to access and print.
- Mission focused – credible training partner who is dedicated to supporting your community.
Emergency Response Resources with Ready Rating®
- Free downloadable tools including an Emergency Response Plan template and more.
- Online self-assessment of current readiness with immediate feedback for improvements.
Discounts to Make Compliance Affordable:
- AEDs - up to 30% off
- First Aid, CPR and AED Training
- up to 30% off for staff
- volume discounts for high school students
- Ready Rating - FREE
Why was Janet’s Law enacted?
Janet Zilinski, 11, of Warren Township, who died in August 2006 of Sudden Cardiac Arrest (SCA) while at cheerleader practice, inspired Janet's Law, just signed by Gov. Chris Christie. It requires AEDs (automatic external defibrillators) at all New Jersey public and private schools. The law, sponsored by Assemblyman Jon Bramnick, R-Somerset-Morris, was the end product of years of advocacy by the Janet Zilinski Memorial Fund, Janet's parents, Karen and Jim Zilinski, and a groundswell of community volunteers.
Special Thanks to Our AED Partners: